Saturday, September 10, 2011


Heyo Brochachos,

I am just up to my face in stuff and things out here! but I will make an attempt to continue to update.

IBM has been treating me pretty well; I haven't died of it yet, and the people there are mostly pretty neato. I'm doing QA for supply chain software. Supply chain software are tools that businesses use to track inventory; our piece of it falls in distribution, so we deal with placing orders, shipping, returning/cancelling orders, and stuff like that. If you've placed orders through the websites for places like Gap, Best Buy, and yes, evidently even Williams-Sonoma, you've invoked the use of our tool. QA means it's my job to test the software, which essentially means finding interesting ways to break it before the consumers do. So that's neat. I don't want it to be the only thing in my life, though, so I've been trying to write a little bit on the sides and I plan on going to a dojo for Aikido tomorrow. I've also been trying to keep making lots of delicious food, and pictures will follow.

I am of course living with the Brothers Andrew (Ross and Soule-Hinds), who are both doing well also. We have a lovely house in northern Cambridge, with a reasonable train commute in for the two of them and a not unbearable drive out for me. We've been having evenings filled with movies, good food, and Starcraft, which is a pretty good party all told. Still, hoping to start getting out a little more once things settle down some.

Also, I know I'm going to try to be in NYC next weekend, meeting Juliaty and visiting Eli and Claire. I don't know who else is around but I might like to try to see y'all if that sounds good :D

Upper-Left: Our homemade Kahlua, a very easy mix that is cheap and, in this incarnation, very, very almond-y. Observe. (Bottle and pan both contain delicious mix.)

No comments:

Post a Comment