Monday, January 23, 2012

On the road, on the rock


Hello! Eli just invited me to the blog. It's pretty awesome. Here's my disorganized what-have-I-been-up-to:

I've been up to all sorts of stuff since graduation. I haven't been super good about staying in touch with folks - my excuse is that from June to the start of November, internet was a mile and a half from one of my homes, and 5 miles by trail and road from my other home. This past season I lived in Yosemite Valley and the Yosemite backcountry. Now I'm applying for jobs with the park service and other such organizations.
So, what I have to look forward to for the foreseeable future is seasonal employment. I'd really like to do search and rescue, which is why I just got my EMT-B, and am really hoping to end up in parks with climbing -- Yosemite, Tetons, Rocky Mountain, Smokies, Shenandoah, the New River Gorge, the list goes on.

Hope all you guys have been doing well!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it is! I bet you'll look super hot in your ranger uniform, too. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. It's so wonderful to hear what you've been up to. I can sense the excitement you have for this work coming through your writing. It's great :) If you're ever interested in coming up for a weekend, I just found a group of folks here who climb on weekends. Not the great out doors, but if you were interested in seeing the inside of a gym...

    ReplyDelete