Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Chestnuts and latkes.

Hey guys, I know you all have time off for the holidays. You totally have time to us know what you are up to. Also: I am looking at your Claire, Noah, Sarina, Julia, and Andrew. And, wait, what the hell. Why isn't Rebecca a strollicker? WHAT ARE EVERYONE'S NEW EMAIL ADDRESSES!

If this is too much thinking, can it be like those annoying surveys I used to see on facebook?

1) Where are you right now?
Three words that describe your:
2) New place of residence:
3) Work:
4) Free time:
In the past six months have you:
5) Started dating anyone new?
6) Began a new hobby?
7) Been happy?
8) Strollicked or ish?
In the past week, what is the most interesting thing you have:
9) Eaten?
10) Seen?
11) Done?

There, I tried.

Ok so, for me. I am silly happy. Chose to be out of work for two months because I hated my part time job, quit, then I realized I couldn't job search in the job wasteland that is Arcata while working on applications. For those of you who have spent lots of time looking for work on the ground, you know: too much of an emotional energy suck. So I picked the applications and just bummed around. Luckily life up there is cheap! Anyway, I am FINALLY done with applications. Just six places, there on each coast. Here's hoping I get a job quick in January.

In other news, Nathan and I are silly blissful. I suspect it's in that a-little-sickening-to-everyone-but-us way, so I'm glad I'm not subjecting you guys to it. Up in Arcata I have been mostly cooking, riding my bike, procrastinating from those applications, and smiling. We left Arata on Sunday just did the beginning of Hannukah with my fam, in SF. A glut of amazing food. Latkes, curry, sushi, Puerto Rican plantain sandwiches. I am spending Christmas with his family in Grass Valley California, which is kind of superb. Less stressful for me than my own family. After that I go back to the Bay Area for Young Friend's New Year's Gathering, which should be a blast as ever.

Last but not least, I miss you all like mad. So much.

That's all I've got, although I will complete my own survey. . .in hope. . .


1) Where are you right now? Grass Valley CA, near Sacramento.
Three words that describe your:
2) New place of residence: Hippy. Nowhere. Redwoods.
3) Work: Does not exist.
4) Free time: Circus. Bike. TV.
In the past six months have you:
5) Started dating anyone new? Nope!
6) Began a new hobby? Circus!
7) Been happy? YES!
8) Strollicked or ish? No. :(
In the past week, what is the most interesting thing you have:
9) Eaten? A steak sandwich where the bread was flattened, fried, garlic plantains.
10) Seen? A two horse drawn carriage.
11) Done? Ridden a racing bike for the first time! It went ZOOOOOM!

<3

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, thanks for posting, I like this idea :)

    1) Where are you right now? Washington DC
    Three words that describe your:
    2) New place of residence: Dishwasher pastel wiimotion+
    3) Work: ping pong table
    4) Free time: music friend attempt
    In the past six months have you:
    5) Started dating anyone new? not consistently
    6) Began a new hobby? not really
    7) Been happy? yes
    8) Strollicked or ish? only around the apartment :( boston's cold!
    In the past week, what is the most interesting thing you have:
    9) Eaten? bacon, tofu, scallions, sun-dried tomatoes, asparagus, mushrooms, very fragrant szechuan oil, mixture of thai chili and tomato paste, all over rice
    10) Seen? a train graveyard that looks like FF7, which i can see from a window at one of my workplaces
    11) Done? wandering around boston at night looking for hannukah candles with matt stern

    Merry christmas everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1)Where are you right now? Bed, Brooklyn, NY.

    Three words that describe your:
    2) New place of residence: Parents, Eli, Hipsters?
    3) Work: Bi-co, bureaucracy, coffeebreaks
    4) Free time: Dominion, sleeping, feminism

    In the past 6 months, have you:
    5) Started dating anyone new? No, but Eli and I have started going on Milkshake dates.
    6) Began a new hobby? Nah, but I've joined up with an awesome sex workers org here.
    7) Been happy? I'd like to meet/reconnect with more people, but overall, yeah. I absolutely love some of the people I work with.
    8) Strollicked or ish? I wish.

    In the past week, what is the most interesting thing you have:
    9) Eaten? Pizza?
    10) Seen? The week ahead will include a burlesque show.
    11) Done? Discuss the pragmatics of body shots via cubicle wall with a coworker, and whether this conversation may be relevant to our work (re: inhibition and safer sex).


    I would love to catch up with you all in person or by Skype (especially if you're not on the East Coast). I'll probably visit Philly soon, too.
    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete